Our home-preschool journal

Our Home Preschool Journal and Lesson Plans. My goal in "teaching" my children at home is to let them be little and learn through play and investigation, with and WITHOUT my help! My hopes for this blog is to keep good records of our projects and themes with reflections of my kids doing them. This blog is mainly for me, but maybe you might find a project for your sweet littles too.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

Will there be enough room???? or Time is the proper question around here currently! :) 

 I have to say my plate is full at the moment (I'm not complaining, just saying).  With little time to plan a week of "school" and wanting to wait until Sept. 12th to begin our new schedule, I was reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for the 8th time when I thought, let's just call that our theme!  Yay!  Chicka Chicka is real easy to plan because it's an alphabet book that requires little to no planning (well, I'm sure it could be more work, but I'm going for simple here).  Pretty much what we did was bring out our whole school supply bins (storage I keep all the learning toys in that I change out each week).  That means anything I use for learning or anything that has the alphabet on it is was "school" this week.  See I can do easy really well! :)  We did normal painting, cutting, and gluing, but only 1 chicka craft.  We are making our own alphabet book, 1 letter a day!  Soo cute so far.   I will share it when we are finished.  Until then.....Enjoy!

Books: 
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
ABC's of Enid
ABC Construction
The Alphabet Tree
Chicka Chicka 123

Crafts

Coconut Handprint trees


L thought the letters should go on his face!


Skills

Re-acting the story with letters on cookie sheet- we have the audio book with 5-6 different readings.  Lots of Chicka Chicka around here lately!


Floor ABC Puzzle

                         
Which lead to the completion of 7 more puzzles- including these four which are all have shapes on the backs.  She dumped them all out, so she had to sort them first (great skill)!


Uppercase-Lowercase Match
She was so cute talking the letters saying "Hi mommy" "Help me up"  "oh I finally found you"!  She makes me smile so many times a day! :)

Yay! Everyone has a match!

Word Building
  I said " That's Outstanding!"  She replies, "No that's INstanding!"  LOL

All her words. They had to stay there for the whole day before she wanted to pick them up.


Letter match with Fridge phonics letters

Playing/Sorting/Naming/spelling with letter blocks

More Letters Games
 I would say the letter and she would find it and put it on her board.  She enjoyed being the teacher too!  Here she was being the student and the teacher! 

Alphabet toy game

Lunches/snacks

I got these cute letter plates and cups at Target a month or so ago.  They were going to be part of their back to school supplies, but I couldn't wait any longer. :)  Perfect plates for Chicka Chicka lunches!

GB chose A and Luke chose L (L, S, A, B, C, and E are the only letters he currently recognizes at 100%)

Random letter pancakes-those where the letters they chose that morning.

Coconut Tree Snack- minus the alphabet cereal (I meant to do a redo of the photo, but didn't)


Lot of letter snacks that were simple:  Scramble Cheez-Its, Earth Best Alphabet Cookies, and anything that could be cut into a letter was! :)  Alphabet cereal

Bible Lessons
We reviewed Genesis 1
God created Everything.  This worked really well with abc week, we would try to find something that started with each letter that God made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment